Friday, October 15, 2010

A Cup of Coffee.

There's nothing more calming and reassuring to me than sitting in a coffee shop and just watching and listening to the world happen around me. I can't imagine anything more wonderful than this place of security and solace that brings people together for all sorts of different reasons. Whether it is to enjoy some much needed solitude for a brief period of time, to think and contemplate life and all of its ups and downs, to sit with a good friend talking about anything and everything for hours on end... Or my personal favourite: to soak up inspiration from my surroundings and let all of it out through my fingertips onto a clean white sheet of paper. No matter what the motives are, everyone sitting in this quiet setting shares one commonality. Their cup of comforting warmth that ultimately brought them here. How can something as simple as a cup of coffee bring so much joy and stability to one's life? What a beautiful way to escape the crazy, complicated world outside. I find it amazing that there is a way for us to leave it all behind; a way to relax and rejuvenate, if only for a few minutes or hours. I can hear the calm silence of those reading books and newspapers. I can hear the chatter and laughter among friends catching up. I can hear the blending and creating of drinks shaped to each individual's personality. I am surrounded by life and presence and comfort and thought and words. How fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment