Monday, October 18, 2010

Gone Too Soon.

"There are some who bring a light so great to the world that even after they have gone, the light remains."
In light of some recent events, I've been thinking a lot about a friend that I lost. This one is dedicated to her, and anyone who was taken from this world a moment too soon. ♥

Kit:

Did you get the chance
to swim in a sea of sunlight?
or melt into a wealth of sand?
I will never know,
you are gone too soon.

Did you get the chance
to be drunken with happiness?
or love with reckless abandon?
I'm only asking,
you are gone too soon.

Did you get the chance
to surf along the amazon?
or feel ocean between your toes?
I can't catch my breath,
you are gone too soon.

Did you get the chance
to devote yourself to the earth?
or breathe life into another?
Please tell me the truth,
you are gone too soon.

Did you get the chance
to become helpless with laughter?
or dance in a cascade of rain?
I wish I knew why,
you are gone too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment